BOPP TAPE Testing Procedure
Biaxially oriented polypropylene has becomes one of the most widely used families, plastic film in flexible packaging. Box-sealing tape, parcel tape is a pressure-sensitive tape used for closing or sealing corrugated fiberboard boxes. It consists of a pressure-sensitive adhesive coated onto a backing material which is usually a polypropylene or polyester film which is oriented to have strength in both the long (machine) direction and the cross direction. The pressure sensitive printed BOPP self adhesive tape shall be of 30 micron which shall be reversed printed with base colour and reverse printed as per approved colour and design.
The Tape shall be free from defect such as gapping, peaking, delimitation, feathering, flaking of print, curing, telescoping and brittleness when cut. The print should be not smudgy. The printing shall have sharp. The brown colour and print shall not peel off when tap is unwound. The tape can be applied manually and automatic on the boxes. This is used for sealing corrugated boxes. The printed logos, company name are good for identification,
- Acceptance Criteria: Brown/ Clear transparent/ Printed/ Plain BOPP tape.
- Width : Measure width with calibrated measuring scale.
- Acceptance criteria: _______ ± 2 mm
- Cleanliness check :
- Acceptance criteria: Should be free from foreign particles and dust.
- Adhesive Test : Stick BOPP tape sample to corrugated box. Once it is nicely stuck to the box, pull it off in a quick motion. It should tear off the first paper layer of the corrugated box along with it.
- Acceptance criteria: Should tear off the first paper layer of the corrugated box along with it.