SOP for Bursting Strength Tester | SOP for Cleaning and Operation of Bursting Strength Tester |
- Bursting Strength Tester SOP covers below points :
- Cleaning of Bursting Strength Tester
- Operation of Bursting Strength Tester
- Precautions and Maintenance of Bursting Strength Tester
1.0 OBJECTIVE :
- To lay down a procedure for cleaning and operation of Bursting Strength Tester.
2.0 SCOPE :
- The procedure is applicable for the operation of Bursting Strength Tester for analysis of packaging materials.
3.0 RESPONSIBILITY :
- The QC Staff shall be responsible for:
- Following the procedure for cleaning of Bursting Strength Tester.
- Following the procedure for operation of Bursting Strength Tester.
- The Manager-QC shall be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance of the SOP
- Quality Control Head
5.0 PROCEDURE :
5.1 Cleaning of Bursting Strength Tester :
- Clean the surrounding area with appropriate cleaning procedure.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the exterior surface of the water bath, particularly on the front and top in order to remove dust that accumulated there.
- Use clean water to finish the cleaning and wash away any residue and remove stains or spots.
5.2 Operation of Bursting Strength Tester :
- Machine operation in Instantaneous Mode :
- Ensure that the instrument is clean.
- Plug the three pin top to a single phase main supply of 220 volts, 50 Htz with neutral and earthing.
- Turn the rocker switch on the panel board to “mains on”.
- The electronic panel will turn to power which will indicated with date, time and load on the LCD display. Also the red LED will indicate instantaneous mode.
- When the machine is powered on it starts in instantaneous mode only.
- Operating the Machine.
- To make the diaphragm apply pressure press down arrow button and to release the pressure press up arrow button.
- To stop the movement press “STOP” button.
- To operate the clamping head, press up arrow button.
- Press Tare to indicate zero load display.
- Machine operation in Auto Peak Mode :
- Turn mains on.
- Select the desired head as per the material to be tested.
- Press “MODE” button to change from instantaneous to auto peak. This will be indicated by the change of LED light display.
- Place the test sample on the between the tripod and diaphragm plate.
- Press “START”.
- The machine will automatically change the display to “zero” and will start test. When the failure of the test sample is detected the machine will stop, reverse and go back to its original position.
- If a lot of 12 tests are to be performed continue the same method 12 times.
- Press Stop.
- A maximum of 12 samples of the same lot can be tested and comparison, acceptance etc can be had in printed graph output.
- During the test peaks when the sample bursts failure happens, they are recorded. These are available to repeat displayed and can be seen by pressing the arrow up or down key.
- The data’s are stored in the memory and as long as the next test is not performed, it will be available for printing. The keys will not operate when the printing is taking place.
5.3 Precautions and Maintenance of Bursting Strength Tester:
- Switch the mains “ON”. Select the head through the selector switch. The piston retracts back to its starting position if not already there.
- Pressthe up arrow key to have equivalent clamping pressure from tri-clamp to the diaphragm plate. Ensure that minimum pressure of 4 bar is set from the FRL controller.
- Loosen the diaphragm nut by anti clockwise rotation with C clamp spanner supplied with this machine.
- Remove the clamp pressure by raising the tri-clamp. Remove the diaphragm plate and the rubber diaphragm from its seating.
- Remove the diaphragm nut, diaphragm plate and the rubber diaphragm from its seating.
- Check the level of the fluid. Fill if less to form a slight meniscus. Place the flat side of the diaphragm on the seat by sliding movement covering the liquid to prevent any air trap inside the system.
- Place the diaphragm plate carefully without displacing the diaphragm; hold finger tight the diaphragm nut over the diaphragm plate.
- Lower the tripod to clamp the diaphragm plate.
- Turn the diaphragm nut and then apply further pressure from the tripod.
- Tighten the nut further.
- Repeat this procedure till optimum tightening of the nut and the plate is achieved.
- Make a few burst on paper board to relieve the surface tension of the diaphragm.
|Standard Operating Procedure
8.0 SOP References:
END OF THE SOP
For More information on Bursting Strength Tester click below link: