Tap Density Tester Calibration Procedure | Tap Density Tester Electrolab Operation Procedure | Bulk Density Tester |
- Tap Density Tester SOP covers below points :
- Operation of Tap Density Tester
- Calibration of TAP Density Tester
- Format For Calibration Of Tap Density Tester
1.0 OBJECTIVE :
- To lay down a procedure for the operation and calibration of Tap Density Tester.
2.0 SCOPE :
- This SOP is applicable for the operation and calibration of Tap Density Tester used for measuring tapped density of samples.
3.0 RESPONSIBILITY :
- The QC Staff shall be responsible for:
- Following the procedure for operation of Tap Density Tester.
- Following the procedure for calibration of Tap Density Tester.
- The Manager-QC shall be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance of the SOP
- Quality Control Head
5.0 PROCEDURE :
5.1 Operation of Tap Density Tester:
- Place the cylinder holder on the anvil of the desired method on instrument.
- Switch on the power and then the instrument by using the switch provided on the rear side of it.
- Using digit scroll key set the mode of operation as USP or USER.
- Set the method for the test as USP I or USP II using METHOD key.
- Press the SET key and set the tap count I (500 taps as per USP) by using the UP/DOWN and DIGIT scroll key. Then press the enter key to go to the next parameter i.e. tap count II and tap count III.
- Set the tap count II (750 taps as per USP) and tap count III (1250 as per USP) using UP/DOWN and DIGIT scroll keys. Then press the enter key.
- Press the enter key and ensure that the time is displayed on the screen.
- Again press the enter key and ensure that the display shows date on the screen. Set the date if required using the UP/DOWN digit scroll key.
- Press the enter key and wait till the display shows ‘PRINT LAST RESULT? Y/N’. Set it to Y or N as required.
- Press the set key to exit from the set menu.
- Press the start key and enter the weight of sample.
- Fill weighed sample in cylinder and lock it properly. Then press the enter key and note down the volume. Enter it (Vo) using UP/DOWN and DIGIT keys.
- Press start key to run the test.
- After the programmed tap count is over, measure the volume (Va) to its nearest graduated unit. Then press the enter key.
- Press the start key to continue Tap count II and measure the tapped volume (Vb).
- If the difference between the two volumes is less than 2 % then Vb is the final tapped volume, otherwise continue the test until the difference between succeeding measurements is less than 2%.
- Press the stop key and note down the tapped density displayed on the screen. Similarly calculate the initial density, Hausner ratio, compressibility index etc.
- Take the print of completed test reports and press the set key from the front panel to initialize the instrument for a new test.
- Make entries in log book.
- Keep the shaft and the tip of the cylinder holder clean.
- Place the cylinder in the holder and make sure that it is properly locked.
5.2 Calibration of TAP Density Tester :
- Operate the instrument as per operating procedure.
- Select method 1 and set drops per minute as 300. Operate instrument and count the number of drops per minute using stopwatch. Note down the counts in calibration protocol.
- Select method 2 and set drops per minute as 250. Operate instrument and count the number of drops per minute using stopwatch.
- Note down the counts in calibration protocol
- Acceptance Criteria:
- Drop per minutes should be 300 ± 2%.
|Standard Operating Procedure
|Format For Calibration Of Tap Density Tester
8.0 SOP References:
END OF THE SOP
Annex. No. 01 Format For Calibration Of Tap Density Tester